The Operations Advisory Board will provide guidance in the operation of the Children’s Advocacy Center of Brevard in accordance with the standards and rules established in Florida State Statutes 39.001, 39.202-39.303.5.The CACB’s purpose is the development and maintenance of a multidisciplinary approach in Brevard County, Florida that will:
- Coordinate the investigation of child abuse and neglect.
- Promote therapy for victims and non-offending family members.
- Assure appropriate legal disposition of child abuse cases.
- Promote interdisciplinary communication and training of personnel from the various Brevard County offices, agencies and departments involved in the protection, investigation, treatment and prosecution of child abuse and neglect cases.
- Supervise, oversee and promote policy for the operation of the CACB, and make such reports to the contributing offices, agencies, and departments as may be required.
- Act as liaison to the multidisciplinary professionals involved in the CACB program.