Children’s Advocacy Center of Brevard
United to hear and serve abused children.
Child Protection Team, Department of Children and Families, Law Enforcement and the State Attorney’s office, these are the partners who unite to help protect Brevard’s Children.
The Children’s Advocacy Center of Brevard is…
- A one-of-a-kind multidisciplinary, multi-agency collaboration of child welfare professionals both on and off site who represent numerous agencies involved in the investigation of child abuse allegations and the provision of services to the most severely abused children in our community.
- A child-friendly facility that houses professionals who listen to children with allegations of abuse, assess their needs and help them and their non-offending family members understand and navigate through the complexities of what comes next in a child abuse investigation.
- A commitment to the time-tested Child Protection Team model to provide timely and expert assessments via medical exams/consultations, forensic and specialized interviews, and other services to assist in the investigation of child abuse cases in Brevard County.
- A focus on tracking severe child abuse cases to review case details and share pending and completed actions with all appropriate professionals to ensure the safety of child victims.
- A program that offers specialized mental health counseling and services free of charge and without a waiting list to child abuse victims and non-offending family members.
- A place where healing can begin.
The Mission of the CACB is…
To improve our community’s response to child abuse and neglect by:
- Providing a comprehensive multi-agency team whose first responsibility is to the child victims.
- Advocating for the total well-being of children; building a relationship of trust.
- Reducing trauma.
- Promoting therapy for child victims and their families.
- Holding offenders’ accountable.
- Calling the community’s attention to the issue of child abuse and neglect.
The CACB Core Agencies are…
- The Child Protection Team of Brevard
- Florida Department of Children & Families
- Municipal Law Enforcement
- The Brevard County Sheriff’s Office
- The Office of the State Attorney
- Mental Health Professionals
CACB Clinical Intervention and Case Tracking Program